Dissertation Methodology Chapter
Writing the Methodology chapter, we offer you our assistance in, is quite a challenging task requiring thorough knowledge of:
- key factors contributing to success in dissertation writing;
- how to decide on the research methods;
- target points the Methodology chapter aims at;
- decision making process aiding your choice of any particular method(s);
- research method implementation;
- peculiarities of the research methods;
- rationale writing.
Apart from this, our team of high-skilled writers is supposed to be competent at a variety of methods to analyze the data such as inductive and deductive, quantitative and qualitative.
Here are our 8 steps which will definitely help you to write the Methodology chapter properly:
1. A key factor contributing to success in dissertation writing
A significant point in writing a profound dissertation is to ponder over the methodology to be adopted in the search for evidence. Therefore, we consider it to be the weightiest and at the same time the most complicated issue in the whole procedure of dissertation writing.
2. How to decide on the research methods.
To select proper research methods, which in the majority of cases define success of the whole dissertation, we first of all try to answer the following set of questions:
1. What data will we collect?
2. How will we collect the data?
- Interviews, questionnaires, case sources;
- Lab or field work;
- Analysis of library and web sources or referring to original documents
3. Is the research method both suitable and informative enough?
4. Who of the outstanding scientists applied to this method as well?
5. What are the advantages as well as limitations of a particular method?
6. Should we apply to one method or perhaps using a variety of them will add to the novelty of my dissertation?
7. Are the research methods you have chosen effective, fitting in the spectrum of possible approaches?
3. Target points the Methodology chapter aims at.
It goes without saying that primarily, the methodology chapter is intended to justify the choice of methods employed in course of the research. The researcher's task is to demonstrate that s/he understands that there are various options for conducting research but the preferred ones fit the objectives of the dissertation best of all.
4. Decision making process aiding our choice of any particular method(s).
In some cases, there can be only one way to achieve some objectives (e.g. by observation, a structured interview or a questionnaire) and therefore we prefer this particular method. For other objectives there may be several ways in which we can achieve them.
5. The research method implementation.
Having selected our research method(s) we should describe how we are going to implement the method(s) and identify the sampling frame: for a questionnaire we may initially use a structured interview to identify issues and to draw up pilot questionnaire which can be refined before being used in the actual survey.
6. Peculiarities of the research methods.
Referring to the choice as well as usage of particular strategies, tools for data gathering and analysis, the Methodology chapter constitutes a key component in dissertation writing. Some methodologies embrace both data gathering and analysis, such as content analysis, ethnography and semiotic analysis. Others apply either to gathering or analyzing data:
- Data-gathering methodologies include interviews, questionnaires and observation;
- Data-analysis methodologies include content analysis, semiotic analysis and statistical analysis.
7. Rationale as a component of Methodology chapter.
The chapter on Methodology traditionally includes a rationale for the choice of methodology for data gathering as well as data analysis. In the rationale we consider what alternative methodological tools might have been employed (particularly those which related studies have employed), together with their advantages and limitations for the present purpose.
8. Have your order accomplished by professionals!
Don't risk failing, click here.
Leaving Already? :(
Wait, we have a special offer for you!
Check your email, your special offer should be there.